banner

INS Building

Since inception in February 1939, the Society had been functioning from the premises of "The Statesman", New Delhi. The Executive Committee at its meeting held on 9.9.1953, accepted, in principle, the proposal of the then President, Mr. C.R. Srinivasan (Swadesamitran), to put up the Society own building in Delhi and authorised him to move the Government of India for a suitable site.

On 2.10.1953, President of the Society wrote a letter to the then Prime Minister, Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru to allot a suitable site for the building of the Society. The matter was pursued further with the then Minister for Works (Sardar Swaran Singh) and also the Minister for Information & Broadcasting (Dr. B.V. Keskar) and in February, 1954, a plot of land admeasuring 0.833 acres on the then Old Mill Road (since renamed as Rafi Marg) was allotted to the Society.

The foundation stone for the building was laid by the then Prime Minister, Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru on 21.3.1955 and was inaugurated on 6-10-1956 by Dr. Rajendra Prasad, the then President of India. The building comprised five floors with a built up area of about 8000 square feet. The

Picture Gallery

Web hosting by Somee.com